About Cascade Solar & Electric:
Cascade Solar & Electric specializes in delivering a detailed energy management plan for businesses and homes. We walk our clients through the various forms of renewable energy in order to reduce or eliminate their utility bills and go Green! We are experts in solar energy, LED lighting, energy management, electrical contracting, utility bill analysis, inverter repair, and solar system maintenance.
Solar PV Installer Responsibilities:
- Perform quality solar PV installations in the following areas: roof penetrations, assembling, racking, panel attachment, grounding, homeruns, wire combiner box, and performing voltage testing
- Read plans, make calculations, and lay out components by measuring distances, snapping/pulling lines
- Cut, bolt, screw, and attach solar components and structures
- Use tools such as drills, reciprocal saw, chop saw, level, square, tape measure, ladders, sledge hammer
- Work with wood, steel, concrete, and aluminum
- Cut roof membrane and install flashing
- Apply caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices
- Run conduit, copper pipe, flex, and pull wire
- Mount pipe hangers, cut and attach insulating material
- Ensure all necessary materials and tools arrive to the job site
- Assist with overall crew and job site safety; staging materials, tools and loading trucks; general ground support and general site preparation and clean-up
- Participate in regular safety trainings
- Help complete installation reports and paperwork
- Maintain tool management standards
Solar PV Installer Requirements:
- Attention to detail
- Prompt response to customer needs
- Accurate and thorough
- Works with integrity and ethics
- Can deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Works long hours when necessary to reach goals
- Resourceful at meeting challenges
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Uses time efficiently
- Observes safety and security procedures
Solar PV Installer Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driving license insurable by good driving record
- Good mathematical aptitude and accuracy
- Can communicate effectively
- Can work/complete/integrate multiple tasks.
- Can learn skills associated with tool use for a wide array of home improvement measures
- Prior solar installation experience preferred but not required
Solar PV Installer Physical Demands:
- Employee must lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Employee must frequently stand, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must use hand and power tools safely and effectively.
- Employee understands the inherent risk of working on roofs, in outdoor weather conditions, and with electrical equipment and will agree to strictly adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Position is full time
- Starting hourly rate is $18.50/hr with additional compensation based on apprentice hours and experience level